Thursday, August 30, 2012

"2011"


TODAY'S TIP: BE A KID IN THE SNOW AGAIN

                  
If you live in a cold weather area, winter can be a low-activity, high-calorie time of year. To counteract some of those extra holidaycalories, consider the workout you can get while having fun in the snow. Activities such as building a snowman, making snow angels and having snowball fights aren't just for the kids. They can burn up to 300 calories per hour while also providing a great outlet for stress!

NEW DAY... NEW WEEK... NEW DIET

Dave Palumbo Diet Start Today...

Protein Shake for breakfast

Crazy amounts of water...

Protein Shake for Lunch...

More and More water....

1 piece of Lean Boneless & Skinless chicken.

Water...

30 minute cardio

1 hour of swimming

Note: Had help with a 37.5 mg Phentermine pill, which made it very hard to drink my shakes and eat my chicken, because I'm just not hungry.

WEEKEND PROGRESS...

Protein Shakes
Lean Meat
Some snacks

Great cardio workout and 2 hours of swimming!

YESTERDAYS PROGRESS...

1 Apple
2 Oranges
1 Protein Shake
2 lean pieces of boneless chicken
64 ounces of water

Intense cardio 15 mins
low intense cardio 30 mins

NO MORE EXCUSES....

So, I'm sitting here watching the Biggest Loser episode 1 of Season 11 and is now a big supporter of Team Gray, because I've always been big fans of the Polynesian contestants. Being Polynesian my self, I understand how important food is in our culture. We don't just wine and dine, we really FEAST! My father comes from a village in Tonga, called Vaotu'u (Kai Lahi). Kai Lahi mean eat big, or eat a whole lot. However, my father's side of the family are still very small people. Unfortunately, I picked up my mother's Samoan genes who were very big people. With the exception of a few of her siblings the rest of my family on this side, are obese. They also love food. I will never acknowledge the stupid saying that Polynesians are normally big people. NO! Totally incorrect! We only are not normally obese. It's a mix of our genes and American Processed foods. LOL! No, really! 

Getting to my point here, my SIL Lisa asked me to join her in filling out the forms for Season 10 and my first reaction was "Yes, let's go for it!" but in side I was dying with embarrassment that I would be considered my a family member for this show. I get emotional every time I watch biggest loser, because their starting point is where I have been stuck at the past 5 years. Ever since I got married I gave up my weight loss motivation, built between my brothers and I . Every day, I watch my brothers and my husband follow their diets and gym schedule to a T. I still can't figure out why I'm still sitting here, letting my RA issues get the best of me. I'm mad angry about it. I need to get over it and I promised my family and my good friend PoPo that 2011 is our year to take back what's mine. My body, it's mine. I'll be blogging about the challenges I have decided to take and the goals I decided not to break and the weight I'll be using for my own life's sake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment